Can you work in Canada and do you have the permission to work in Canada? If yes, see below for full details and apply for the job offer today.
A Food Service Worker is a professional who makes food and ensures that the kitchen and dining area are clean and safe. They must also follow strict rules set by Managers in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Quinte Health Care (QHC) is a progressive and integrated system of four hospitals working with partners to provide exceptional care to their local communities.
Care is provided through four hospitals – Belleville General Hospital, North Hastings Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, and Trenton Memorial Hospital – and includes four emergency departments, operating rooms at three hospitals, a rehabilitation day hospital, children’s treatment centre, ambulatory care clinics, community mental health programs, and a range of diagnostic services. There are inpatient beds for acute medical patients, intensive care, obstetrics, paediatrics, mental health, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, and surgery.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a valid Food Handlers Certificate, from Public Health .
• Good understanding of Food and Nutrition and are able to follow recipes, measurement and portion control.
• Must be able to withstand temperatures of 8-13 degrees Celsius for periods of 2 hours.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with management, clients, suppliers and co-workers.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision and accomplish tasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining a polite, spirit of service attitude towards co-workers and patients. Must have good writing skills to complete documentation that are part of Food Handling (HACCP) guidelines , file and maintain records for reference for management and or inspectors., and completing food order/supplies to maintain the department
• Must have the ability to operate fax machines, printers, phone lines and all other office type equipment (ie tablets and other computer devices)
• Must have the experience and knowledge to work with and answer questions, and make corrective actions with Local Public Health Representatives
• Must be able to work independently and with a team .
• Must have satisfactory work performance in present position.
• Must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in scheduled hours, work assignments, environment, and style of service
• Must be able to adjust to a forever changing environment.
• Must successfully complete the required training program within the defined probationary period.
• Ability to successfully be mask fit tested.
• Provides complete food service functions for clients including food preparation, restocking supplies, cleaning dining, cooking areas and equipment.
• Prepares, disassembles, restocks and clean the tray line for food assembly operations and all other areas within the department, including dish machine and removable of waste.
• Assemble patient trays according to established time frames and all NFS department/Public Health policy’s, in safe food handling.
• Deliver, set up, serve and break down catered events.
• Working with other inter professionals /delivery personal/ suppliers/office and clerical staff
• Complete all housekeeping task including using housekeeping type equipment ie: vacuums /mops/floor machine etc.
• Performs all work in accordance with Public Health (safe food handling) QHC policies and procedures and requirements including WHMIS, Provincial and local regulatory agencies for Quality Assurance & Safety.
• Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands Analysis
Physical Demands Analysis
• Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying average weight 20 pounds and max 50, pushing/pulling average 10-15 pounds and max 30 pounds
• Required Constantly – standing
• Required Frequently – walking, bending/stooping
• Required Occasionally – sitting, twisting/turning, bending, crouching/squatting, kneeling
• Required Rarely – balancing, climbing
• Required Frequently – forward shoulder movements, gripping/grasping, pinching, neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and back normal range of motion
• Required Occasionally – fine finger movements, shoulder movements (up/down)
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.