Can you work in Canada and do you have the permit to work in Canada? If yes, see below for full details and apply for the job offer today.
Canada is a country in North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
The main functions include: transport and handling of sterile supplies; transport of patients; housekeeping duties; decontamination of O.R. suites including anesthetic gas machines; washing and re-stocking of supplies; handling of soiled carts and supplies, transport of specimens, blood and equipment; complete OR room set up; positioning of patients; and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required
- Operating Room Attendant Course required.
- Completion of a CSAO and/or Steris Program would be an asset
- 6 months to 1 year recent experience withsterilization procedures
- Applicants must have working knowledge of cleaning processes and sterilization methods.
- Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must possess good oral and written communication skills, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Applicants must be totally capable of performing all related duties (frequent standing, walking, lifting, maneuvering heavy loaded stretchers in close quarters, operation of specialized equipment).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Applicants must have demonstrated ability to accept responsibilities, work with minimal supervision, show initiative, maintain good interpersonal relationships and be able to communicate effectively.
- Excellent work performance and attendance record are essential.
- Proficient with Outlook and basic typing skills.
HOURS OF WORK
Rotating shifts – days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and stand-by
Hourly: $24.07…$25.11…$26.16 (plus 14% in lieu)
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.