If you can work in United Kingdom as a Manufacturing Operator and you have the permission to work in UK, Kindly see below for full details and apply today.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Manufacturing Operator to join our team specializing in Manufacturing for our Power Systems Business Segment in Daventry.
This is working on a temporary contract
Salary is £25,500 depending on experience.
Working 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday 6.45am – 2.45pm
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- To mechanically assemble to complete generator, build to the Cummins quality standard.
- Installation of engine and alternator to the bed frame and up fit of all ancillary components.
- Working to weekly production schedules which may be demanding due to high volumes. Expected to be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings to complete assembly.
- Installation of engine harness and alternator configurations and up fit of all ancillary components.
- Working to weekly production schedules which may be demanding due to high volumes.
- Expected to be able to read and interpret electrical drawings to complete assembly.
- Expected to build to Cummins work instructions to meet the Cummins quality standard.
- Working within current Health and Safety legislation, published standards and codes and the Company’s health and safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Be participative with all company improvement initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvement for a leaner working processes and practices.
- Reporting product and facility faults, defects and omissions to the Production Supervisor.
- Be an active team player and be able to work within a larger team structure.
- Must be flexible in working with other Performance Cell functions if required e.g. Materials, Test, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Make judgements and work on own initiative within agreed guidelines of work instructions and Cummins quality standards.
- Be active in assisting the working area in maintaining a safe, clean, efficient working area.
- Be supportive by sharing knowledge with colleagues in support of achieving best practice.
To be successful within this role you will need the following
- Previous experience with installation of mechanical parts would be advantages
- Manufacturing background
- Within this role you will be working on a production line within the Genset department. This will involve working with hand tools, so some previous knowledge or experience is preferable.