BlogJobs in Canada

How To Immigrate To Canada As a Plumber

Are you an accomplished plumber who wants to come to Canada? Plumbing is a profession that pays well and is in demand in at least four of Canada’s 11 provinces and territories. Plumbers’ annual salaries range from $39,000 to an average of $65,072, although more seasoned ones may make up to $97,500. The greatest thing, though? The highest earnings in the nation are available in the areas with the greatest demand for plumbers. This indicates that if you apply for permanent residence in a province that has a shortage of plumbers, not only will your application be given priority, but you may also earn one of the top salaries for your trade in all of Canada. We think that’s a win-win situation!

By 2022, Canada wants to welcome 411,000 immigrants. Of this enormous number, 195,800 highly skilled foreign workers will be given the opportunity to apply for permanent residence through economic immigration programs run by the Express Entry system. These programs include the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Trade Worker Program, and the Canadian Experience Class, as well as Provincial Nominee Programs and immigration pilots like the Atlantic Immigration Pilot and the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot.

Although there will be some red tape, including an evaluation of your qualifications, as with any profession, don’t worry. Everything you need to know about becoming a plumber in Canada is included in this post.

Jobs for Plumbers in Canada

For plumbers with expertise and qualifications who are interested in coming to Canada, there are now hundreds of positions available. However, with internet resources like eJobbo, it may be much easier and less complex to connect with prospective Canadian companies. Finding a job in Canada is surely as challenging as the immigration procedure to Canada itself. Visit our blog here for advice on how to get your ideal career in Canada. Start with your location while searching for a job in Canada; it’s one of the finest places to start. Make some inquiries regarding cost of living depending on your expected wage in the province or region of your choosing. The top four provinces with the most need for plumbers are British Columbia, Ontario, and Manitoba. In the four provinces where plumbers are in great demand, some examples of typical earnings are included below:


Average Salary by In-demand Provinces for Plumbers
Province Average Salary (CAD)
Ontario $66,300
Manitoba $66,300
British Columbia $61,932
New Brunswick $45,884

We would also like to point out that Alberta has the highest national income average for plumbers, with an average provincial yearly compensation of $74,100, despite the fact that plumbers are not in great demand there.

What Tools Do I Need to Immigrate to Canada as a Plumber?

Along with your wrench and spanner, you must ensure that you complete all standards in order to become a plumber in Canada and practice your profession there. Depending on the province or region you choose to live in, these criteria could change. It is crucial to remember that the Canadian immigration system will rate your profession based on your kind and skill level. The National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code for plumbers is 7251. This is true, for instance, for plumbing technicians, apprentices, and general and maintenance plumbers. Additionally, because plumbers have a B skill level, you may be qualified to apply for practically any prestigious immigration program! Some requirements for plumbers wishing to reside and work in Canada are listed below.

  • Completion of secondary or high school;
  • Work experience(usually at least 1 year depending on the program and province/territory);
  • Journeyman/woman trade certification in machining, tool and die making or other related metalworking trade;
  • four to five-year apprenticeship or combination of work experience and industry courses(NOC7251);
  • Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta
  • *Trade certification is available but not compulsory in Newfoundland and Labrador, Manitoba, British Columbia, Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut; and
  • *Red seal endorsement also available yet optional (allows for interprovincial mobility).

Please keep in mind that all credentials must be evaluated to see if they match Canadian requirements. This implies that when the time comes to apply for your visa, you will require an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) in order for it to contribute toward your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. The following list of recognized organizations is allowed to evaluate your qualifications:

  • Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies;
  • International Credential Assessment Service of Canada;
  • World Education Services;
  • International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS); and
  • International Credential Evaluation Service.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button