Can you work in Canada as an Housekeeper? If yes, see below for full details and apply for the job offer today.
If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Housekeeper to join our Parkland on the River – Losier Hall team based in Miramichi, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $18.54
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Thoroughly clean common areas including lobbies, hallways, and stairwells
- sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing kitchens and bathrooms.
- Thoroughly clean vacant rooms to prepare for incoming residents;
- Collect refuse from residents’ rooms and dispose of this refuse in accordance with set procedures;
- Clean and restock housekeeping cart; notify Supervisor when supplies are low;
- Promote safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal protective equipment, supporting others to work safely and completing safety education.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- A High School diploma or equivalent education
- A high level of initiative for and commitment to completing housekeeping assignments efficiently and in a warm, friendly, and customer-service-oriented manner.
- You communicate well with internal and external customers to meet needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- You can work independently with minimal supervision and can safely use chemical cleaning agents and equipment.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.